Just me;

My photo
I am in my last year of high school, with large plans with what the future holds. I am the girl who will do anything to make her friends smile and cares about everyone. I attend a youth group that is one of the best groups around, and that is apart of the outstanding church called living waters. I love hanging out with friends, but also enjoy spending time on my own. I write poetry to express myself, it is one of my hobbies, along with scrap booking. My family is my world, my friends are also. & Jesus Christ is my life.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Inspired & STOKED! :)

Last night was wicked, and I wanted to write a blog right then and there but words could not describe the way I was feeling last night so I thought I would hold off till today! I am still just as stoked, I am still inspired, so here is the story...

Last night I went for coffee with someone I have been waiting to go for coffee with for about 5 months... so non the less, I was pretty happy about that let alone the talk we had! This guy is truly one of the most life impacting people I know. He was in a severe car accident 10 years ago, this accident was a consequence of a choice he made. He drove impaired that night, just hoping party to party like you would at 21, with a friend in a car, he went out of control and the car flipped and got smashed badly. Today, this guy is in a wheel chair paralyzed from the chest down, and living each day aware that because of one choice he made, he killed a close child hood friend of his. But this guy is also traveling all over Canada and the USA, impacting students lives every day... that is truly amazing.

He has become a friend of mine, but also a person who I want to work with to change peoples lives. Last night I told him about a dream I had about him, I had introduced him at a conference he spoke at. That dream is now coming true, I am getting the chance to go with him to a conference he is doing and tell my story. I think stories are so impacting, and everyone has one. This friend of mine and me both have a dream for people, and counseling. So together we plan to change peoples lives slowly.

Kevin Brooks, this is for you. Thank you for changing peoples lives daily, and thank you for working hand in hand with me to change peoples lives.

this is the blog Kevin Brooks wrote about how he felt about last night, I think we were both so pumped that words could not come out... he explained them better then I did though! :) -

http://www.kevinbrooks.ca/index.php/2010/09/we-are-the-youth-brigade/

One a side note!
At this moment in life I am happy, I can say I am truly happy. I am happy with myself, who I am becoming, my body and everything else! I can't believe how crazy things have become, but the craziness is what I love. To add to the craziness, I got a 5 day a week baby sitting job for 3 kids for 3 hours! It is going to be nuts but great, I can't wait. It might not last long but right now it is great! I am so stoked on life its not even funny! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment