Just me;

My photo
I am in my last year of high school, with large plans with what the future holds. I am the girl who will do anything to make her friends smile and cares about everyone. I attend a youth group that is one of the best groups around, and that is apart of the outstanding church called living waters. I love hanging out with friends, but also enjoy spending time on my own. I write poetry to express myself, it is one of my hobbies, along with scrap booking. My family is my world, my friends are also. & Jesus Christ is my life.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

No turning back

As I sit here reflecting on this summer, I see an amazing summer but also a lot of hurt. Grad year is now here, there is no turning back. The rain has come and we can't rewind time, we can't press the pause button, we can only let time keep going, and realize that we can stand still, but time won't stop for us. Life is full of mystery's, adventures, and obstacles, but as we stand back and look at our lives, everything we have over come has made us who we are today.

Grade 12 is right around the corner for me, one week from now I will walking through those doors, hearing the bells ring, and having a realization is that this is our final year walking through the halls, listening to the bells, hearing teachers give lessons and having to do the dreaded high school homework. For a lot of us it will be the last time we see each other, the last day before many "friendships" we created in high school will be over, and the final step in our high school reality before we head into real life.

Today many of us walked around the halls, giving hugs to people we hadn't seen all summer, and complaining about teachers we had. Grade 12's this is the last time we will do that, and its real. Right now I don't think I have any idea how much I am going to miss the security of high school or the friendships I created, but I do know as much as I am scared, I am so excited to grow up and to become the person I am supposed to be.

We can't dwell on the past, just learn from the mistakes we made. We should laugh at our mistakes, and smile at all the bumps in the road we hit, because if we spend all of our time regretting and not laughing, we will never live the high school experience like we should.

This summer has been an adventure, I have lost to many friends to count, but became closer with many people. As much as I miss the friends I have lost, I realize that everything happens for a reason and as much as I wish I had them back, it is part of life. You won't stay friends forever, and people will come and go. I have had the opportunity to become closer to a few people I now call my best friends, and reflect on what a true friend is. So goodbye to the old and in with the new. I am so excited to see what grade 12 will bring, it will be interesting to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment