Just me;

My photo
I am in my last year of high school, with large plans with what the future holds. I am the girl who will do anything to make her friends smile and cares about everyone. I attend a youth group that is one of the best groups around, and that is apart of the outstanding church called living waters. I love hanging out with friends, but also enjoy spending time on my own. I write poetry to express myself, it is one of my hobbies, along with scrap booking. My family is my world, my friends are also. & Jesus Christ is my life.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

taking one day at a time.

The past while since I posted has been filled with trails but lessons learned. I have learned that people hurt you so you learn to trust a certain few but mainly just yourself. But I also learned that you have to take things one day at a time because if you don't you get way to overwhelmed.

Camp was probably the best ever this year out of all 3 years I have been going. For many reasons I guess :) I got to see the best people in my life and go to the place that is my second home. I had created close relationships throughout the year with people from camp so going there and seeing them was the best week ever. I got my wish of going to the banquet with a very close friend of mine, which topped off camp! I created memories and laughs that will last a life time. Our team came in 5th place which was amazing (our rookies kicked some butt this year!) But most of all it was just amazing being there, experiencing God, and being with people I like to call my close friends but also family.

A good friend from camp and me had a few deep talks at camp. About life, and about who we are as people. This person had said to me "I don't think you know who I really am" and it made me wonder, I do know who this person is, but this person isn't perfect and I think that is why he said that. It made me wonder though, who knows us and who doesn't?

When I got home, a lot of things happened which I didn't understand. But coming home from camp always means back to reality... reality sucks at times. My best friend of 4 years, my number one, someone I walked through things with that I didn't imagine I could, decided to get up and leave. Without a reason, without a talk about it, he just said never call me again. It hurt, i felt like I couldn't breath, I secluded myself for a few days but am now realizing that no matter what I do, I can't control the situation. That was his choice, so I have to take one day at a time and smile even when its hard.

My friend that moved away decided we not talk anymore because it is easier for me. The truth is I would rather be friends and miss him then be ignored but its life... again I can't control it.. so I need to take one day at a time.

This is where my two biggest lessons come in : My friend walked out of life, it hurt, but I realized to only trust a few people but mainly just trust yourself because everyone will hurt you. And to take one day at a time because when you are hurt thinking forward is hard.

I have been contemplating a lot of stuff for after school. I know my end goal but I am really thinking about how I want to reach it now. A option would be going to school away from home, a province away or many provinces. Give me a chance to see life in a different view, and restart. This is a huge thing on my mind right now but like I said, one day at a time. we will see where life takes me. I would love to get away, but I guess we will have to see.

So remember to smile, even when it hurts. To take one day at a time and not think to far ahead. And enjoy the time you have, because it will be gone sooner then you think

No comments:

Post a Comment